Customer Service Agent Job Description
A Call Center handles inbound and outbound calls. The representatives of a call center are individuals who answer and dial out calls. Their responsibility is to respond to incoming calls from the customers to take their orders, answer questions and inquiries, troubleshoot problems, provide information and handle complaints regarding the organization’s products or services. Additionally, agents are responsible for making outbound calls to set appointments and gather survey data.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answering phones from customers professionally and responding to customer inquiries and complaints.
- Researching required information using available resources.
- Handling and resolving customer complaints regarding product sales to customer service problems.
- Providing customers with the organization’s service and product information.
- Processing forms, orders, and applications requested by the customers.
- Identifying, escalating priority issues and reporting to the high-level management.
- Routing inbound calls to the appropriate resources.
- Following up complicated customer calls where required.
- Completing call notes and call reports as necessary and updating them in the CRM.
- Obtaining and evaluating all relevant data to handle complaints and inquiries.
- Recording details of comments, inquiries, complaints, and actions taken.
- Managing administration, communicating and coordinating with internal departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Open availability:
- Monday through Sunday.
- 7 a.m. to 1 a.m.
- Experience in dealing with the public.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal with proper grammar.
- Ability to work with others in a close manner.
- Good computer skills.
- Good multi-tasking skills.
Skills and Specifications
- Technical expert in related computer applications.
- Able to react effectively and calmly in emergencies.
- Able to maintain customer confidentiality.
- High school diploma or equivalent.